The first Stitchdown Shoenanza (née Palooza) in New York City last October was a proof of concept around a beautiful idea: getting a couple dozen shoe and boot maniacs in single place not called the internet, prowling around town for a couple days, eating, drinking, and shoe-ing to our heart’s content.
Guess what: said concept absolutely proved itself.
The second Shoenanza in Chicago—the leather-iest group trip possibly in history which featured a three-hour Horween tour; visits to Ashland Leather, Tannery Row, Mildblend, Dashing Chicago, and Independence; bountiful food/beer; the world’s first Grant Stone group makeup design; and in a total (very welcome) shocker, free Oak Streets for all—was one of the most enjoyable experiences I’ve ever had. Apparently these trips are quite good!
Which means we need to keep doing them. And so we proudly present the third-ever Stitchdown Shoenanza to the brand new Division Road Virginia (you can learn plenty more about it right here) from Sept 29th-Oct 2, 2022.
And we’re bringing White’s Boots out to the country.
White’s is heading from Spokane to take up a three-day residency at Division Road Scottsville—a 45-acre farm + converted-barn showroom + outdoor paradise just about 20 absurdly scenic minutes outside Charlottesville. Ticho and I checked it out about a month ago and let me tell you, it’s got it going on—here’s the podcast episode to prove it.
White’s President Eric Kinney, three other longstanding White’s team members, and a whole lotta boots will be making the trip and will be fully at our/your disposal throughout the weekend.
So Uh, What’ll We Be Doing??
Each Stitchdown trip has been a bit different, so let’s break down what you can expect on this one. While you do not have to be present for all of it by any means, the Shoenanza will span the (long) weekend:
Thursday Sept 29: We’ll go out to eat and drink that night with everyone who’s in town
Friday Sept 30: The official White’s x Stitchdown Day at the DR compound, at which you can expect…
- Exclusive Shoenanza-guest-only hands-on education session and Q&A with White’s Boots President Eric Kinney and other expert White’s staff to kick things off
- No-fee MTO opportunities with rare and never-before-seen leathers from White’s
- Personalized True Measures from the White’s staff to ensure you know your exact size in every White’s last
- First crack at, and then weekend-long access to a collection of White’s samples and seconds sold at discount pricing
- The chance to view forthcoming White’s x Division Road samples and place pre-orders in your size (DR never does this!)
- Division Road also sells extremely good clothing and Jason from DR will tell you alllll about it. I just bought one of these when I was down there and holy lord man.
- Lunch from top local food trucks on-site
- Group dinner with the White’s team
Saturday Oct 1: Back Out to DR + Exploring the Region
- Wrap up MTOs/true measures
- Get up close and personal with the rest of DR’s White’s, Wesco, Trickers, Crockett & Jones, and Viberg stock, plus get back to that sample sale
- Lunch from top local food trucks on-site
- Off-site fun we’ll decide together—but let’s just say the people making beer, whiskey, wine, and cider down there are doing an excellent job
- Dinner! I guess we should eat every day.
- Celebrate the opening of the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome 2!
Sunday Oct 2: Caffeine, breakfast and tearful goodbyes
I’m Sold! How Do I Come on This Thing?
Basically, just show up! But just definitely let us know…
Less basically: The Chicago Shoenanza was a ticketed, all-inclusive event. Future Shoenanza trips will also be. This one is NOT.
While we can help you out with a very competitive rate at the remarkably centrally located Omni Downtown Charlottesville hotel (just email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info), you can feel free to stay anywhere you want—and show up for any or all days of the trip. But more is always better, right??
To inquire about the White’s x Division Road Shoenanza, book a White’s Boots MTO or True Measure appointment, or to have any questions answered at all, please reach out to email@example.com—or even better, shoot me a DM or hop into the trip channel in the Stitchdown Discord.
Can’t wait to see you in Virginia this Fall!
Founder and Editor in Chief, Stitchdown